|To all the members|
Starting the Biggest EC System (B to B)
for PC and its Peripheral Sales on July 3,2000
|DAIWABO INFORMATION SYSTEM CO., LTD. (Abbreviation: DIS; President: Mitsuru Yokoyama) started on July 3, 2000, the Japan's biggest electronic commerce (EC) system for sales of PCs and peripherals. This system called "iDATEN" (Internet technology of DIS Advanced Trade Exchange Network) connects with agencies and sales channels of DIS, which have been totalled to more than 15,000 organizations in Japan. It is highly effective in searching inventories, confirming delivery deadlines, issuing quotation sheet, and generally maintaining on-time, all through the year (365 days/year, 24 hours/day). DIS plans for iDATEN to handle fully one-third of our goods in this year, and this portion is expected to become 85% within the next three years. This comprehensive EC system will surely assume a leadership role in the PC business world.|
| iDATEN is a web-based EC system co-developed with Future System
Consulting. They established the firm IT Agent Corporation. (Head Office: Taito-ku,
Tokyo; President: Akio Eshi; Capital: 225million yen) with ITOCHU Corporation,
Microsoft Corporation and The Shinkin Banks Information System Center Co., Ltd.
in April 2000.
iDATEN is the biggest EC system in the PC business world. It has a PC/peripheral goods database, which lists about 300,000 items with 30,000 items constantly in stock, and features an original sales and logistics management system called "DIS-NET." As our commerce site architecture software, we chose "Microsoft Cyber Commerce Edition," which is becoming a standard in EC business and adopts the latest Microsoft technologies.
DIS is striving to increase its operational efficiency with its agents as well as supply an even higher standard of service. In addition, DIS is quickly evolving into an Internet service company that can integrate sales know-how, logistics, the business activities of over 60 branches and business offices, and service and support functions-all on the Internet.
To achieve our goals, we are promoting solution services, nurturing salespersons who can skillfully help meet customers' needs in cooperation with many agents, and introducing the iDATEN system to make the most of Internet technology.
1. Features of "iDATEN"
(1) Product Datebase: 300,000 items
(2) Products constantly in stocks: 30,000 items
(3) Real-time management tools for searching stock, confirming delivery deadlines, issuing estimates, and maintaining on-time, year-round product orders.
2.Overview of "iDATEN" Services
(1) Supplies sales support information such as PC specs and quantities in stock.
(2) Strengthens real-time delivery: an order reaches one of 12 DIS LOGISTICS Centers within 1 to 30 minutes after being placed, ensuring that products are prepared and delivered on time.
(3) Supplies sales promotion information such as news announcements about PCs and peripherals, campaign materials, illustrations of system architectures, and customer support aids.
General affairs section (public relations) Saitou
|June 30, 2000|